Get the Good Stuff
The downloads are below. You can grab one, two or all three: whatever works for you.
You don’t have to sign up for these. Just hit the download button and they’re yours for keeps.
Make copies, give them away, spread the love!
How to Ask a Question Well + How to Interrupt Someone + How to be Appreciative
Pages 73, 105 and 186 in The Advice Trap
Put them somewhere you’ll see them regularly, practice, and change the way you lead forever.
Future You Leadership: Where Empathy, Mindfulness and Humility Meet
Page 53 in The Advice Trap
Writing a book always involves writing and writing and writing … and then leaving some of the best bits on the editing floor. I got thoroughly intrigued by the idea of curiosity fuelling empathy, mindfulness and humility. I nod towards that in The Advice Trap, but I wanted to go deeper. You can download that article here.
Stories from Reality
Page 222 in The Advice Trap
“All this is good in theory,” they say. “But does it work in reality?” You probably know a “they” who has this point of view. The let’s-keep-it-practical, I’m-a-busy-person, we’ve-got-work-to-do sort of person.
I asked some of my colleagues and Box of Crayons’ clients to write about how coaching has changed their organization. This is a mini-book, digging in to how you might move your culture from one of advice-driven to curiosity-led. Contributors are:
- Michael Leckie, former CLO of GE’s Digital Transformation unit.
- Rachel Dale, Director of L&D at Sky
- Andrea Wanerstrand, Leader of Coaching Capabilities, Worldwide Learning at Microsoft
- Tricia Gorton, Global Head of Talent at Unit4
- Glen Lally, Director, Sales Productivity at Google
- Courtney Hohne, Storyteller for Moonshots & Amy Armstrong, Leadership and Organizational Development at X
- Garry Ridge, Company Chairman & CEO of WD-40
- Carrie Willets, CEO of WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital