Thibault Manekin reading from Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist, and talking about discovering and living your purpose.
Today, we’re pulling one of our best episodes from the vaults, featuring the brilliant Thibault Manekin.
Recommend this show by sharing the link: pod.link/2Pages
If you had the chance to listen to my recent interview with Zach First, you heard us talk about how in a time of turbulence, organizations – whether big or small – can be candles in the darkness, and how being a manager means being a barrier against tyranny. That’s all good in theory … but how do you start a movement in practice?
Thibault Manekin is a commercial real estate entrepreneur. He might not seem like my usual guest at first, but Thibault is a real estate guy, with a twist.
Thibault reads two pages from ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. [reading begins at 16:05]
Hear us discuss:
- “In order to grow an idea we have to understand that it doesn’t belong to us.” [8:01]
- “Telling people how to be is a quick fix, but solves nothing long-term. It sticks in your head, but isn’t in your heart.” [13:08]
- Chasing your dreams while also going beyond your own desires. [21:48]
- Learning to surrender to your heart: “Outside of your comfort zone is the only place where true growth happens.” [26:34]
- Using both your head and your heart in the work you do in an organisation. [28:37]
- Staying on the path, even in dispiriting times. [35:25]
Join our free membership site, The Duke Humfrey’s, and get access to full transcripts, past episodes, exclusive downloads and more. You’ll find it all at www.MBS.works/podcast
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
Thibault Manekin | Website | Larger Than Yourself: Reimagine Industries, Lead with Purpose & Grow Ideas into Movements
Paulo Coelho | The Alchemist
Follow Michael on | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Facebook
It looks like you don't have access to this page. If you are a member, please log in below. Click here to sign up for Duke Humfrey's membership.