The How to Begin online course is a structured, powerful way to deeply engage in your most meaningful work. It will give you the very best chance to craft a Worthy Goal: a goal thrilling, important and daunting, a goal that’s worthy of you giving it your attention … and your life. And it will give you the very best chance at actually completing that Worthy Goal.
The How to Begin Course
Dare to Achieve that Big, Daunting "Thing" You've Always Wanted to Achieve
I'm on a mission to help people be a force for change
Based on the How to Begin book, this course is deeply aligned with that mission. You'll know if it's designed for you if any of the following resonate ...
- You feel like your life is at an important crossroad
- You’re trying to navigate the next big — and possibly scary — phase of your life
- You’re struggling to get a big idea off the ground
- You perform best with a clearly defined “success map”
- You’ve started something exciting, but it stalled
- You’re a perfectionist, repeatedly getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- You know what to do, but need an extra nudge
- You perform best when surrounded by inspiring people & change-makers
Step #1: Set a Worthy Goal
This section of the course is all about clearly articulating and refining your Worthy Goal. We go through three drafts and four tests to get your goal juuuust right.
Step #2: Commit
Now that your goal is good to go, it’s time to get *you* ready. This section is all about looking at yourself and making sure you are ready, willing, and able to commit to taking on this Worthy Goal.
Step #3: Cross the Threshold
In this third and final core section of the course, you’ll get up to and over the starting line of working on your Worthy Goal.
Here’s what you get when you register today
- 37 short videos captioned, transcribed, and summarized
- Downloadable worksheets to capture your learning and process.
- Community of students to engage with and travel alongside.
- Lifetime access to the learning.
- More than you’d like to know about my dress sense.
- Watch me coach eight very different people with eight very different projects through the exact process I teach in the How to Begin Course. These 1h videos are loaded with inspiration, real questions and helpful tools, and great examples of how to use this process.
Bonus #2: an invitation to join The Conspiracy, my online membership community exclusively for people working on Worthy Goals
- Taking the How to Begin Course is a prerequisite to joining The Conspiracy. Inside the community, you’ll find a growing body of additional supports, as well as others working on their Worthy Goals – projects that are Thrilling, Important, and Daunting. For some, the How to Begin Course is enough; for others, the accountability and camaraderie that this community offers is hugely helpful.
Bonus #3: Three Ways To Manage The Overwhelm Of Tackling A Worthy Goal
- Before launching the How to Begin Course, I tested the process on hundreds of people. Now there are thousands of people in it and hundreds in my membership community, The Conspiracy, where I support people even more in taking on their Worthy Goals. Overwhelm is a common area of struggle, so I designed training specifically around it.
Bonus #4: Six Tactics for Stepping into You 2.0
- One of the amazing things about The Conspiracy is that members let us know what support they need and any time we see a trend, we fill that need. For the first time ever, one of those offerings will be available inside the How to Begin Course. It’s all about how working on a Worthy Goal changes you and it teaches you six practical ways to amplify that change to allow you to grow into the best version of yourself.
* You must take the How to Begin course before you can become a member of The Conspiracy.
Hear from some current students!
”How to Begin is an amazing course. I loved the structure it provides for taking on something big and bold. I used to think taking something on at that scale was purely based on individual passion and self-motivation. The How to Begin course makes taking on a big project an objective, step-by-step process that anyone can do. Whether you are clear about what you want to begin or are still figuring that out, this course will help you set out on your journey and make the journey joyful. It did for me. To get the best value, I highly encourage you to go all in :)”Anil PrasadHyderabad, India
”This course is excellent. Michael has a real gift for using simple powerful questions to invite you to dig a bit deeper, stay curious a bit longer, and really grapple with your thoughts, goals, and ambition. The approach is wonderfully adaptable, as you can choose to dig as little or as much as is needed for your particular goal. The individual lessons are broken up into short, easily digestible sessions, allowing you to use them between other things to change your mindset, spark curiosity, and work through what you are trying to achieve. It’s been a powerful resource for me.”Greg DackOttawa, Canada
”How to Begin is another winning program and book from the MBS team. I used it to bring into existence a new method for tracking and compiling research notes to better serve my clients; and, a framework for leadership teams I coach in their transformation work. The How to Begin course was like a test kitchen and laboratory to bring my ideas to life. The course kept me from getting stuck in my head and provided the scaffolding for doing the work. Have you been sitting on an idea that might be screaming to be given light and life? Have you lived with an emptiness that needs an idea to add value to your world? I had both, and I found safe, supportive, welcoming and generative tools and community in the How to Begin course.Bob RosenSavannah, USA
”When I first took this course, I was at a crossroads: I knew that I wanted my future to look different, but I wasn't sure what steps I should take. Michael's teaching encouraged me to believe in myself while challenging me to get specific and make sure I was pursuing something truly worthwhile. I'll be sharing his book and recommending this course to anyone I meet that's trying to start something. It's been a pivotal and foundational part of my own journey, and I look forward to introducing it to others.”Jason Frank EwertNashville, USA
”How to Begin is MBS' masterclass in "how to unlock your greatness by working on the hard stuff." This course helps answer the question, when you swing for your dreams, what drives you and what gets in your way? For me, it's provocative look at commitment has evoked a new level in my leadership and coaching. There is sweat, a pinch of vulnerability, and wise peers. How to Begin is a call to do work that gives more to the world than it takes. A challenge to dust off the false starts, roll up your sleeves in the face of the status quo, and be the best you. How to Begin offered me a series of aha moments and left me changed. I highly recommend it.”Brenda AmmonMarco Island, USA