Martin Reeves reading from John Kay and Mervyn King’s Radical Uncertainty: Decision-Making Beyond the Numbers and discussing the significance of new approaches and imaginative ideas in business.
Does business shrink the heart or does it help it expand? Does it nourish the spirit? Can it even nourish the spirit? Martin Reeves of the BCG Henderson Institute and author of the new book ‘The Imagination Machine’ explores how we might deliberately harness the full human potential of imagination in corporate arenas.
Martin reads two pages from ‘Radical Uncertainty: Decision-Making Beyond the Numbers’ by John Kay and Mervyn King. [reading begins at 07:34]
Hear us talk about:
- The limitation of quantitative models and statistics. [11:22]
- How Martin brings the concepts of storytelling and imagination into business conversations with clients: ‘To create alignment, excitement and motivation, you need more than numbers.’ [13:34]
- How to keep curiosity and imagination alive in instances where efficiency is viewed as the main goal. [19:43]
- Ways to measure success beyond the metrics: ‘There are some things in life that you cannot obtain by pursuing them directly.” [25:42]
- Martin’s experience and realisations in co-writing his book ‘The Imagination Machine.’ [31:01]
Join our free membership site, The Duke Humfrey’s, and get access to full transcripts, past episodes, exclusive downloads and more. You’ll find it all at www.MBS.works/podcast
John Kay & Mervyn King | Radical Uncertainty: Decision-Making Beyond the Numbers
It looks like you don't have access to this page. If you are a member, please log in below. Click here to sign up for Duke Humfrey's membership.