Thibault Manekin reading from Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist, and talking about discovering and living your purpose.
=> Recommend this show by sharing the link: pod.link/2Pages
If you had the chance to listen to my recent interview with Zach First, you heard us talk about how in a time of turbulence, organizations – whether big or small – can be candles in the darkness, and how being a manager means being a barrier against tyranny. That’s all good in theory … but how do you start a movement in practice?
Thibault Manekin is a commercial real estate entrepreneur. He might not seem like my usual guest at first, but Thibault is a real estate guy, with a twist.
Thibault reads two pages from ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. [reading begins at 16:05]
Hear us discuss:
- “In order to grow an idea we have to understand that it doesn’t belong to us.” [8:01]
- “Telling people how to be is a quick fix, but solves nothing long-term. It sticks in your head, but isn’t in your heart.” [13:08]
- Chasing your dreams while also going beyond your own desires. [21:48]
- Learning to surrender to your heart: “Outside of your comfort zone is the only place where true growth happens.” [26:34]
- Using both your head and your heart in the work you do in an organisation. [28:37]
- Staying on the path, even in dispiriting times. [35:25]
Join our free membership site, The Duke Humfrey’s, and get access to full transcripts, past episodes, exclusive downloads and more. You’ll find it all at www.MBS.works/podcast
Paulo Coelho | The Alchemist
It looks like you don't have access to this page. If you are a member, please log in below. Click here to sign up for Duke Humfrey's membership.