Djinn? Call me.
Three wishes (and a twist)
I’m a word geek, and one of my favourites is genii/djinn.
I love them for their spelling. All of those double letters, and just how rare and delightful the “dj” combination is.
But also, perhaps, like you, I’m intrigued by the idea of rubbing a brass lamp and having three wishes granted.
I’m curious to know what your three wishes today might be.
My arbitrary parameters are:
- Wishes about your desires for you (not about others or about the good of the world);
- Wishes for the short-term (say, the next nine months); and
- Wishes that move you towards joy and contentment or away from sadness and stress
Mine, today, are:
- I wish I were reading more and finding myself deeply absorbed in a book that I was unwilling to put down
- I wish I had more opportunities to dress up in fancy party clothes
- I wish my “to-do” list had no red (i.e. overdue) items
And now the twist…
What needs to be true for those wishes to come true for you?
(Maybe you’re seeing, as I am, that your wishes are closer to coming true than you realized.)
Want The Works in your inbox? Sign up (free) here